Thursday, March 27, 2008

Waiting for God...

I'm not a very good "waiter." I don't mean as in serving food (actually do that quite well for my fam!) I mean waiting on things. We live in a society where everything is instantaneous. If it's not, then, heck, we don't want it! If there's something any member of my family needs (or even wants most of the time) I do whatever is in my power (I pay the bills so I do have some minute power) to obtain said "thing." (Side note to my only reader: honey, I know about the r/c car request - you're birthday is still one month away!)

Along that line, I'm not particularly good at waiting on God. If I pray and don't see an instant answer, I decide that I must take things into my own incapable hands. I know, and I tell my students all the time that no answer means it's not His will, or the answer could possibly be forthcoming. But I don't think that applies to me! My mom always said to practice what you preach - easier said than done!

So, now I am going to make a conscience effort to wait. Wait and see what God has planned for my school, wait and see what BIG plans God has for my husband and wait and see what plans He's carrying out in our new church. I figure, it's the least and the most I could do....

No comments: