Monday, May 19, 2008

I see the light...


For those that live in a hole, you might not know that the school year is QUICKLY wrapping up. For those that teach, we've been counting the days down since August!

I'm excited that God has blessed me with a job that allows me to spend summers with my children (and my husband when he can get time off) and still pay our bills! However, before I can begin that relaxing time, I must get through the end of the year. For me it means grading research papers, writing exams, exam review sheets and grading said exams, coordinating the MS awards program, coordinating and pulling off the MS History Fair, coordinating and pulling off in a dignified manor the National Honor/National Junior Honor Society induction and scheduling, pulling off and walking around in the heat at a local theme park for our last field trip. I'm down to my last MAJOR hurdle (the field trip) and then it's grading, grading, grading.

Anyway, the end of the year is a hectic time for me, but even more so for my precious family. They endure my stress, lack of home-cooked meals and laundry running behind to help me in any way, shape, form or fashion they can. They endure because they love me. I know this is true, because I sure wouldn't put up with me! Thank you family :)

Now, add to all the crap I've just put them through extra stress of finding out whether or not I'll have a job next year. My school has been blessed with a tremendous new Administration team for next year. They have come in and accepted a job for the not-so-faint at heart. Unfortunately, one of the first things they must do is to make our budget fit within our enrollment. We all knew that not everyone would have the opportunity to return next year, so for over a week, we were on pins and needles. On Friday I was blessed to find out that not only do I have a job next year, but I get to keep my title and my position. Even more important to me was the fact that they seem to appreciate me and what I do.

God is ALWAYS faithful and when we're in His will doing what He wants, He'll direct our steps and put us exactly where He wants us. Therefore, after all of this, I am seeing the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel and it's looking mighty bright!!!!

1 comment:

Jeromy Donlon said...

What are you cooking for dinner tonight?