Thursday, April 16, 2009

The economy

The economy sucks! While that's not news to most, it suddenly, within a period of 3-4 weeks, hit my family like a pile of bricks. My husband is looking at losing his full-time job after working faithfully for the same company for 20-something years. We panicked, prayed and started working on putting our faith into practice. (This is when we found out exactly how much easier it is to teach our students and children to have faith than to actually live it out ourselves.) Finally, we started feeling a sense of peace and Jeromy began prayerfully searching for where God would have the next chapter of our lives lead us.

Then my bomb dropped. After 10 1/2 years at my job (I've been there the 2nd longest of all the faculty), I was told there is a 50/50 chance I'll have a position next year. I believe in my school, my son has gone there since he was one and I was so anxiously looking forward to having my daughter at our school the year after next. Now what? We were using our newly-rediscovered faith and now we're both looking at unemployment. Would we be able to muster MORE faith?

Believe it or not, my husband who loves to be in control and know what's coming next, has been a rock. I'm sure he's still worried, but he constantly reassures me that God's got a plan and that we just have to be strong, rely on God and figure out what's next.

Me? Not so strong. How about I cry anytime anyone brings it up or very innocently asks me if I'm okay. No I'm not okay, but I'm relying and praying everyday that I will be. The worse part? My son will have to leave the school he's attended since the "Creepers" class.

Pray. That's what I do anytime I stop to think about our current situation and start to get teary-eyed. Pray. That's what I'm doing constantly and that's what our friends and family have committed to do for us. God is God. I know...duh. He can work miracles. If our enrollment would pick up, quite a few of our teachers wouldn't be looking at unemployment. God can do it...IF it's in His will. If He doesn't, than that's not what He wanted and that's what I want - His desire.

If not CFCA, where God? I will follow You and go where ever you lead my family. Our heart's desire is to serve you.

P.S. I really do LOVE my school :)

No comments: